- 1 in 8 children die before their 5th birthday in developing countries
- The second biggest killer is dehydration from diarrhoea. Diarrhoea kills more children than Malaria and HIV/AIDS combined.
- We have known how to treat diarrhoea for more than 30 years. Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS) were invented in the 1980s.
- There has been an international standard for treatment in place for 10 years. This is a WHO/UNICEF standard and consists of Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS) and Zinc supplementation.
- Yet, less than 1% of children are receiving this treatment (ORS and Zinc).
- Access to the treatment and use of the treatment are the remaining barriers.
What ColaLife has done:
ColaLife is a ‘game-changer’ in the area of access and use of ORS and Zinc to treat diarrhoea in children. In it’s recent trial in Zambia it increased treatment rates from less than 1% to 45% in 12 months.
Click here to see the headline findings of the ColaLife trial.
We are now scaling up activities in Zambia but need your support to do this.
Please give to support the work of ColaLife and help stop children dying from diarrhea.
Global Donation Options
>> Why ColaLife needs your donation
>> What we’ve achieved with the donations we’ve received so far
>> Read the latest news on our blog
>> The ColaLife Homepage
>> Sign up for the ColaLife eNews Service and receive our blog posts by email
ColaLife in a Registered Charity in England and Wales. Charity number: 1142516