This image shows the latest version of the AidPod (Version VIII) and its component parts:
We went through this with the PI Global team last night over Skype. Enhancements in this version include:
- Increased ‘draft angle’ to allow more effective ‘nesting’ of empty AidPods
- De-nesting features that stop the nested AidPods getting stuck inside each other (these features may also act a marker – “fill to here for 250ml”
- The overall length has been reduced slightly and the long flange has also been reduced in length to get a better fit with new Coca-Cola bottles in old crates
- The AidPod now has a re-usable lid
- Note that the removable, tamper evident seal is fitted over the top of the removable lid. This means that during transport and storage the kit is hermetically sealed (=good)
We are looking forward to receiving samples for field testing next week.