Apologies for the quality of this picture but there was a lot going on (and it was taken on my iPhone). This is the head of one of the queues at the Airtel shop in The Arcades, Lusaka this afternoon (8/10/11). The guy in the red shirt is the Airtel person and he is multi-tasking. He is:
- Registering a data SIM for me for use in my iPhone (this means my Zambian number has changed to: +260 (0)9755 72175)
- Giving technical support to a man who is just getting a mobile dongle to work on his laptop
- Helping the woman in the purple cardigan withdraw money from her mobile phone bank account. Part of this process was to fill out a line in the green book which looked like a visitors book. The cash was in a standard wooden drawer by his right hand.
- SIM with new number K5,000 (£0.64)
- 30 day data bundle 300MB K95,000 (£12.20)