This short video describes the features of our third version of the ColaLife AidPod.
The key features are:
- It has the same cross-section as the Mark II aidpod
- It is a two-part design: the lid and the container sections (first sketched here)
- The lid fits over a collar which is the same length as the inside of the lid so that longitudinal crushing will not occur
- The length of the ‘closed’ AidPod, with the lid in place, is the same as the internal dimensions of a Coca-Cola crate so the AidPod cannot burst open when in transit in the crate
- The shoulders of the AidPod which run along its length mean the aidpod clips below the lip of the crated bottles. This helps prevent the AidPod from popping out of the crate and also gives the AidPod longitudinal strength
- Aid Pods could be of two different lengths to either fit the crates width-wise or length-wise: shorter AidPods would be stronger and up to five could be carried per crate. The length-wise AidPod is long enough to carry a LifeStraw and up to three could be inserted per crate
Onwards and upwards.